Friday, March 20, 2009

We Matched!!

Yesterday was our Match Day and we matched at UT Houston!! We are super excited. I love Texas, and it is a fantastic, competitive program for Al. We spent most of yesterday either at celebrations or on the phone with family and friends relaying the news. There has been so much stress/anticipation building up to this day that we were completely exhausted after we found out our news. It's just been so mentally and emotionally demanding.

So, we are off to Houston for five years. We will more than likely be moving sometime in June, as most residencies start at the beginning of July. I know the Texas heat and humidity will be there to welcome us. I am excited to explore a new, giant city! I found out that Houston is the 4th largest city in the U.S.



This is where Al will be working, the Texas Medical Center...These buildings are all hospitals...I hope I'll be able to find him when he wants us to meet him for lunch...

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Congratulations! You seem so happy...what great news for your family. Best of wishes to you!