Friday, April 10, 2009

Three Weeks!!




I added a picture from today's ultrasound. I wish it would have come out more clear, but oh well. As you can tell, James was asleep during the ultrasound. It is just a close-up of his face. Can you see the big, chubby cheek? The other one is shadowed.




I guess I haven't updated in a while. But I think most people who read this know about the Cholestasis diagnosis. I had the same thing with Avery. Because of the diagnosis the baby is being delivered 3 weeks early. We got everything scheduled and James' new arrival day is Friday, May 1st!! That's only 3 weeks from today! We are super excited. I guess it's time to start getting everything ready...

The testing is going well. I go in every day to the hospital but Thursday, for check-ups and testing. My liver enzymes/bile acid levels were up as of last testing, but they should be much lower next time. I've been on the meds for almost 2 weeks and they really make a difference. The only thing they don't fix is the extreme fatigue :( But all of my other symptoms have been alleviated.

They've been doing ultrasounds with every Non-Stress-Test, so we are working up quite a collection of pictures. James has been passing the tests with flying colors, which is a lot less stressful than when it was with Avery. In fact last time he was moving around so much they had to keep me longer on the NST because they couldn't get a baseline heart rate. My heart rate is still slightly elevated, but they are just keeping a close eye on that as well.

Tuesday is the ultrasound where they do all of the measurements and kind of guesstimate about James' size. I think he is a big boy. He is already a chub, and I keep measuring big. Avery and Al are coming to that ultrasound, so that will be fun.

It is weird how this is all working out. I have mixed feelings about the cholestasis this time. As hard as it is at times, it's been a blessing in a big way. We found out that we have to move to Houston the first week of June, and I don't think I would have been able to do that just two weeks after surgery and having a baby. With this illness and the new delivery date it gives me a month to recover before hitting the road.

0 comments: