Sunday, April 19, 2009

Baby Shower, Easter Dress, and Ultrasound





Yesterday my really good friends Diana, Melissia, and Laura threw me a baby shower. It was a lot of fun! Diana and Melissia did all of the food and it was yummy. I should have taken pictures, but Melissia was being the photographer. Maybe I will get some pictures from her soon. My friend Laura did the invitations and put together some really cute and fun games for everybody to play. I will have to remember them for when I have to give a shower for somebody. Everybody really enjoyed the games and the prizes :) They all three did a fantastic job on the shower. I felt so honored!

It was a lot of fun to just have girls together to chat and eat. We also got some great gifts! Diana and Melissia, along with a few other people, went in together and got us a double stroller! I am so excited and think it will be much easier to get the kids out with this. Our carseat is the same brand, so it snaps right into the stroller, which will be convenient when James is asleep. Then I won't have to wake him up to move him to the stroller. We got lots of cute boy jammies, onesies, bibs, etc. It was a ton of fun to open all of that little boy stuff! Lots of blue :)

Avery was really excited about the double stroller. She wanted to get in it right away. Al put it together when I got home and Avery climbed in the front seat. Then, since there was a snack tray, she wanted to eat her lunch in it as well. She says she is excited to share the stroller with James.

Here are a few quick pictures of Avery in her Easter dress. She looked so pretty today! The back of the dress is really darling too. It dips down into a V and has a big bow in the back. The pictures aren't the best...we are always in such a hurry with 9:00 church! She insisted on making a fish face for the first several pics, and then we were out of time so we quickly snapped a few more and then headed out.

Tuesday I had my ultrasound where they really check everything out and do all of the measurements, etc. It took quite a while to get it all done. They gave us a CD with pictures on it afterwards. And yes, James is a big boy! They estimated that he is already 7 lbs.! But there is also a margin of error of 14 oz, so we'll see how accurate it all is when he's born. It is funny to me that he is already bigger than Avery when she was born though. If the ultrasound is accurate, then I'm guessing James will be born in the 8 1/2 pound range. If I went the full 40 weeks he'd probably be over 9 lbs!

0 comments: