Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bananas, Bunnies, and Brokers


Avery had another cooking class today. While we were waiting for all of the kids to get there the kids made fruit loop bracelets. The class started off by making banana chocolate chip muffins. They got to make regular sized muffins and mini muffins.

After the muffins they made bunnies out of a variety of ingredients. For the first time, in all of our cooking sessions, I was kind of weirded out by the combination of ingredients. In fact, it was a little nauseating to me. But I understand they used what they did so they could get the shape of a bunny. The body was a hot dog bun, then they cut hot dogs for the legs. Then they used powdered donuts, cookies, peanut butter, pretzels, raisins, and a marshmallow to finish off the project. Anyway, the kids loved the results and didn't seem to mind the ingredients that had been put together. Most of the kids polished theirs off. Avery stuck with a hot dog and a powdered donut.

It is so much fun for me to watch Avery during this class. She is always so enthusiastic and happy, loving every second of it.

In other news: We have a real estate broker that we are working with. The townhouse should be 'on the market' by the weekend. He is picking up contracts tomorrow and coming to take pictures and measurements on Friday. It was a good, big step for us...a little depressing since the market is a mess, but necessary. Our broker did tell us that in case it doesn't sell in a reasonable amount of time that they are linked with a rental management company. That made me feel better. I think rental could be a good option for us. This broker really seems like a good guy, and he and his boss came highly recommended to us by our friend that sold their house within the last year. They seem to have a lot of groups/gatherings scheduled with other agents and buyers that will help bring in a lot of traffic.

I am a little worried about keeping the house spotless all of the time. I get tired easily, swollen ankles, hard to bend down, etc. Everything looks pretty fantastic right now, I will just really need to stay on top of it. I have assigned myself a schedule of deep-cleaning a room a day, and doing surface cleaning through the whole house every day. I think that will work out.

We have already done quite a bit of packing and our garage is filling up. The more I get done now the better...as I won't be allowed to lift anything and will be pretty much out of commission for a few weeks after James is born. As much as we have done, there is still a lot that will need to be done towards the end, things we just can't pack up right now.

It's all starting to feel very real...or kind of surreal...

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love that Avery is in a cooking class! It's perfect! I also know how you feel about keeping the house clean! We are thinking about putting our house up for sale and it just makes me nervous to have to always keep it spotless! :) Good luck on selling the house though.

Clark Family said...

ok, so every time I read the title of this post, I think it says bananas, bunnies, and boogers...just thought I would share:)