Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Little Bi-Lingual Child


So today Avery was trying to open a bag that was holding her foam alphabet and numbers. I had tied it up pretty well because I hate when they spill out everywhere. Avery was giving it a few good tugs and then she called out "Help me! Help me!" And then a couple of seconds later, "Ayuda me! Ayuda me!" (forgive me if my spelling is off...I don't remember a whole lot of my high school Spanish).

I just looked at her like, what?!? And then I asked her to repeat what she said and she proudly said, "Ayuda me!" again. She's only watched Dora a handful of times, but apparantly that is enough to learn some Spanish.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

props to Dora...she's helped my children learn a second language as well!

Clark Family said...

Got to love Dora and Diego. You would think Dan would speak spanish to the boys, but no, it's all from the shows.

Also I was looking at your blog with Brady next to me, and he went Avery, Avery. It was pretty awesome!