Sunday, September 7, 2008

Cookies, Cake, and Jen






Well, here is a sample pic of the cookies that were out for favors. At the formal dinner we put a cookie at each place setting. Then for the reception we had a table set up and it was just a sea of cookies.

Speaking of sea of cookies...our house was a sea of cookies the couple of days before the wedding. We completely converted our dining room into the cookie room and Jen sealed it off from all possible access of the kids. I had been baking off and on for several days before the wedding and freezing them until the Monday before. That Monday we girls enforced a no make-up/no showering day and we sat around in our pajamas frosting all 288 of those. We listened to the Mama Mia soundtrack a few times and got in some good talking. Then in the afternoon we showered (still enforced no make-up) and treated ourselves to giant cheeseburgers and fries with fry sauce from Carl's Jr. It was fabulous.

The cake was a lot of fun to make. I did the baking on that Monday and then all of the frosting and decorating on Tuesday. We set up fans around the kitchen to make everything cool and it really helped the icing set.

A shout-out to Jen: Jen was amazing! My mom called her superwoman and I really think she might be. For the record, my own mom has never called me superwoman before. Jen was a huge help from day 1. I, without asking her, kind of took her on as a very valuable assistant in the cookie process. And when I was baking she was Avery's babysitter without my even asking her. We couldn't have done it all without Jen. I didn't get hardly any pictures of Jen! At the temple we were in all of the same pics and so I couldn't take any and then at the reception I was too busy to take hardly any pictures. So this is one of Jen and little Ethan in his cute brown suit.

2 comments:

nyn said...

WOW!! the cake and cookies look so fabulous!! I am impressed with your cooking skills. You truly rock. I am just sad I didn't get to eat any. I know they tasted even better than they looked, which means they were delicous!!

Anonymous said...

jenny those cookies look so GOOD and the cake is perfect! you've always been so good at baking...very impressed! i say we make a trade...knit items for baked goods!