Friday, September 12, 2008

Alice the Fairy



There is a book called Alice The Fairy, by David Shannon, and it is one of Avery's favorites. We have checked it out from the library 3 or 4 times now and it is one that we just need to make part of our home library. It is a book about a little girl that pretends she is a fairy and all of the neat tricks she can do. Actually it's really cute.

So the other night we made a crown like Alice the Fairy's. Avery wanted a green crown because green is her favorite color. And then I got out some of our crafty supplies and let Avery create her own crown. I did the cutting and stapling but Avery did everything else on her own. Well, I also applied glue to the pom poms and whatever else she was using but then she did all of the placement. I think she did a great job!!

And today she put on her butterfly wings and was waving her wand around, running back and forth across the family room saying, "I'm flying! I'm a fairy! I'm flying!" Very cute. Very imaginative.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're such a good mom :) and green's my favorite color too. great choice avery!