Sunday, September 7, 2008

At The Temple









I apologize for the layout...our computer doesn't let you see the images you upload until you view it on the blog.

Anyway, here are some of my favorite pics from the wedding. I love how everybody is so happy and huggy (real word?) after a wedding. It was a great day! I don't think I've ever been so busy in my life, literally. Not even for my own wedding. This was a real whirlwind trip for me. As soon as we got to Utah it was straight shopping for a few days. My mom was trying to buy my outfit for the temple still and many of our other outfits needed finishing touches. We hit a snag when Allison and Avery got really sick for a couple of days. That meant staying at home and getting everybody better. Grandma 'Nette' stayed home and watched the kids fairly often while Jen and I ran out to do some of the errands. Then Derek called from Minnesota saying he was sick and we begged him not to bring any bugs with him...we already had enough!

About a week before the wedding Jessie got sick too. Then Jon. I don't think the rest of us have washed our hands so much, ever. I still have some OCD from the whole experience. In between all of this illness we threw a bridal shower for Jessie, went to the temple and hosted a dinner afterwards, had a birthday dinner for Jon, I made a wedding cake, I baked nearly 300 cookies to hand out as favors and my mom and Jen helped ice and bag, tie knots, etc. Thank-you to my mother-in-law, Louona, for the perfect labels!! We also ordered the the tuxes for the guys, got all of our hair done, manicures, pedicures,etc. We also managed to have a girl's night out and we all went and saw Mama Mia (it was a blast!).

I forgot that I was making a cookbook for Jon and Jessie for their wedding present. Well, I had typed up all of my recipes before I left for Utah, but then I forgot to print it out and put it all together. Luckily I was able to finish it while they were on their honeymoon.

Derek showed up still sick. By that time Dylan also had part of the illness and Ethan had been having symptoms off and on the whole trip. Jessie got better quick but Jon finally went to the doctor with Derek the day before the wedding and got on some antibiotics. I think we were all desperately praying that we would feel good for the big day.

The ceremony was beautiful and I remember way more from theirs than I do from my own (I sadly remember nothing of my own). It was very emotional. The sealer talked a lot about still dating your spouse after you are married, about how important it is to the relationship. The sealer said to have a date night at least once a week. I have reminded Al of that a few times since ;)

Jessie looked just gorgeous in her wedding dress. She really did. And I loved Jon's tux.

Anyway, I know this is a long post but I tried to condense it all down a lot. Jon and Jessie left a couple of days after the wedding for Puerto Rico and avoided all hurricanes. They are back now and all of my family is back to their homes. It's funny how your whole lives revolve around that one big day for so long and then it's over and you are back to 'real' life again.

0 comments: