Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Uh-oh...

This is kind of a long story, but I thought it was funny.

So, I have to set it up a little by telling about the park in our neighborhood. A lot of people around here have dogs, but don't feel the need to clean up after their messes. Avery has become very good at spotting out the messes when we walk to the playground and will call out, "Watch out! Doggy poopy!" She is very concerned that none of us step in it, which is very thoughtful of her.

Sunday Melissia and Finn had me and Avery over for dinner. We spent a lot of time outside and let the kids run around, which they loved.

After that we came inside. Melissia and I chatted on the couch while the kids played. Avery walked by the coffee table and said, "uh-oh." Then she points to the floor at a piece of a brown pipe cleaner. I knew what she was thinking, especially since Melissia has a dog and she was watching her parents dog while they were on vacation. I just chuckled and whispered to Melissia, "she thinks it's doggy poopy."

About every ten minutes Avery would walk by the pipe cleaner and say, "uh-oh..." and point at it and look at us to see if we were going to do anything about it. We would just giggle and one of us would always tell her, "Avery, it's a fuzzy. It's okay." Well, this went on and on and so finally Melissia picked it up and Avery got this horrified look on her face. Melissia said, "Look Avery, it's a fuzzy. It used to be on Finn's caterpillar that he made, but it fell off. It's just a fuzzy." Melissia held it out to Avery, thinking Avery would want to inspect it and touch the fuzzy. But Avery absolutely recoiled as Melissia came towards her with the fuzzy!

We just laughed and laughed! Avery is so funny! About five minutes after this Melissia took the fuzzy up to Avery again and asked if she wanted to see it, to prove it was just a fuzzy. Avery just got a disgusted look on her face and shook her head and said, "no, no, no."

I guess Melissia took it one step too far because then Avery walked over to me where I was sitting on Melissia's couch and said, "I wanna go home."

Melissia and I could not contain ourselves. I don't know why we got such a big kick out of this, but we were hysterical. Avery was really serious about leaving and stood right by me until I got up. Then she ran right over to the front door and tried to open it. She wanted to make sure that she was getting out of this crazy house.

I have thought about this over the last couple of days off and on and always get a good chuckle out of it.

4 comments:

nyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nyn said...

How funny!! You must be some terrible Mom's to try and get kids to touch fake poo;) Usually kids just want to play with it on their own.

julie said...

Hey Jen,
I am sitting at your mom's house and she showed me your blog, it is so cute! Avery is adorable!! I am linking to you on my blog, so check it out!
Love ya,
Julie

julie said...

Julie Schnoor by the way :)