Friday, April 11, 2008

April Birthdays



Allison and Derek both have April birthdays and so we decided to throw them a mini birthday party while they were here.

Saturday the kids and girls went shopping at the Mills. My mom took all of the grandkids, except Ethan, and let them ride the little train a few times. Avery was in absolute heaven. She has recently developed a train obsession. My dad and Derek played tennis while we shopped. Al was at work :(

After that we all met up Olive Garden and my dad took us out to a late lunch. Then we split up and the girls went back for more shopping while the guys went home to watch movies and let the kids nap. Well...Avery didn't nap. She was busy doing something else...I'll post about that next.

When we got back from shopping we had a quick dinner and then we had a cake, ice cream, and presents for Derek and Allison. They were pretty excited, especially Allison. Al, Avery and I gave her some Junie B. Jones books. I think they were a hit. Jen accidentally bought the trick candles and it took us a little while to catch on...I think we were all wondering why Allison wasn't trying harder to blow out the candles. When we made the discovery we got a good laugh and then we let Al put them out.

We put the kids to bed and then we played a couple of rounds of Ticket to Ride and Loaded Questions.

0 comments: