Friday, April 11, 2008

Terrible Two's?


So, yesterday Sarah called to chat. Avery wanted to go outside, she kept saying, "Avery's turn to go outside." So while I chatted with Sarah I ran upstairs to get on my shoes and socks. I telling Sarah all about Avery and the green paint. She was telling me that I should have taken pictures of it, which I probably should have.

After I was done putting on my shoes and socks (I was probably upstairs 5 minutes, max.) I ran back downstairs looking for Avery. I turned the corner and found Avery in our bathroom, up to her elbows in toilet water. I just yelled, "Avery!!!" which I'm sure Sarah enjoyed being shouted in her ear. Then Sarah asked what was going on and she started laughing when I told her. She said, "Oh man, Hannah and Avery would get into so much trouble together." I agree. Because look at how much trouble Avery gets into on her own!

So I asked Sarah if she wanted me to document this one, since I hadn't taken pictures of the last fiasco.

Isn't this gross?!? Toilet water!! I quickly hung up and took Avery right upstairs and put her in the tub. She's been having a lot of baths lately. If you look closely at the picture you will see that the toilet paper roll is empty. Luckily it hadn't been a full roll, but what had been left Avery had stripped off and soaked in the toilet. There were little clumps of it all over the bathroom floor and a few in the family room. Yuck.

Avery and I had a long talk after that about how we don't play in the toilet. I repeated that part over and over and had Avery repeat it back to me. I hope she got it...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You have been so busy writing these blogs!

nyn said...

LOL!!! Oh the joys of motherhood. At least the toilet was probably empty of any other floaters hee hee!! Still pretty gross though. But to truly experience parenthood the toilet must come into play at some point, sorry.