Monday, April 5, 2010

Jump House







When we were in San Antonio my friend treated us to an afternoon at Pump It Up. It was an absolute blast. Avery was in heaven and I have to say that if I was a kid I would have been too. There were 6 or so of those huge bounce house things. Some were the obstacle course ones and some were the huge slides, one was a mini basketball court, a climbing wall, etc. James didn't love it so much at first. It was pretty noisy, kind of like a vacuum sound, from keeping the bounce houses pumped up. James is pretty timid of loud noises: our vacuum, hand mixer, lawn mower, car wash (complete meltdown). So he clung to me for the first hour or so that we were there. The place we were at is pretty strict on the number of kids they let in at one time, so it made it easy to keep track of Avery, which was nice. But it was also Saint Patrick's Day and it was a sea of green in there. I took James into a couple of bounce houses and he liked when we would jump around. Then we found this little car and he could not have been happier. Sucking your thumb and driving a car at the same time takes some real talent :)

I took James down a couple of the slides. He held his ear and sucked his thumb the whole way down. My friend laughed that his expression didn't change the whole time down the slide. He still couldn't quite get over the noise.

In other news: Al started his trauma rotation. I can tell Al is really busy because I barely get a text from him. Last month was Urology. Al was miserable but I loved it because the hours were fabulous. Trauma is pretty hard core and May is Surgical ICU which is a bad one too. I guess when I say bad, I am selfishly talking about for me. Al will enjoy these two months much more than last month. He will be exhausted though and I know we are both looking forward to our vacation in May!!! Then just a month of gen. surg. in June and Al is officially a 2nd year resident!! The contract has already been signed and everything. It always feels like a big deal to cross one more year off.

James is getting closer to walking. He says Mama, Dada, still loves doing the touch down, shows you were his tongue is and loves to clap his hands. He can also bark like a dog. He likes to wrestle with his big stuffed dog. He just grabs the dog and throws himself on top of it. Then he rolls around, etc. Pretty funny. I am trying to get a video of it.

The weather has been great- low 80's and sunny. We have been wearing shorts for the past month or so. We have been trying to spend a lot of time outside because it won't be long before we can't anymore, unless it involves swimming :)

3 comments:

Andrea Steffensen said...

I would kill for 80's. It snowed over 6in last night and they closed schools here. It's April!!! Miss you...Take care!

Becky said...

Good luck with the next two months! sounds like a lot of work for Al AND a lot of work for you (it's not being selfish....it's hard being a single mom most of the time!) your kiddos are getting so big! If you come to Utah you'll have to call so we can get together!

Jessie said...

I didn't know James was a thumb sucker, that is adorable...although you might want to get him to quit before his real teeth come in. I suffered from a headgear because of my thumb sucking!