Monday, May 11, 2009

2 weeks post-op and more pics





Today I had my 2 week post-op doctor visit. Everything went great! Dr. McBride looked at my incision and declared it to be 'beautiful.' Then she told me that I needed to have Al take a good look at it and tell him she said, "This is what they are supposed to look like." I smiled to myself because it sounded like something Al would say too. Those surgeons are all the same... ;) We chatted for a while and she gave me the pep talk about Al's residency hours again. Sigh. I'm starting to get nervous...

I am off of the pain meds now and so I am officially allowed to drive again. I think it will be a while before I am ready for too much though. Last week I went to Costco with my mom, but was only good for about half an hour before it became too much for me. I ended up waiting in the car with James while she and Avery went into the next store. But every day is better.

The liver labs from the day James was born came back high. My cholestasis meds had stopped working about a week and a half before he was born and they had to up my dosage, so I am not surprised that the labs came back high. They will do more labs at my next visit just to make sure my numbers are back to normal.

These are a few pics of James from the last week. He is just such a good and sweet baby. Never cries, except for when he wakes up to eat. Not fussy at all. He is starting to be awake a little more now, but still not much. I love the one picture where he is looking up at me. He is such a cuddly, little guy :) The one picture where he is looking off to the side is just to show off his chubby cheeks. Love the chub :)

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love the knee socks with the onesie picture! he is adorable! And don't worry about Avery, she'll be James' biggest entertainer soon enough! Good Luck, and just stay home and enjoy!

Karen said...

He is so adorable! I'm glad to hear you are healing well and that things are going well. Good luck with all the exciting things coming up...hopefully you sell your house fast!