Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Potty Chart


I have been toying with the idea of potty training Avery for a while now, but haven't just broken down to get the job done. I keep putting it off...it just doesn't seem like that appealing of a job...

Anyway, Al and I have been getting Avery used to the idea of the potty and going potty, etc. And although I know a lot of people are against the whole bribery thing, I am completely for it when it comes to potty training. Avery loves the movie 'Cars' and is obsessed with the little toy cars that you can collect and play with. So I made her these hastily put together potty charts so she can 'earn' some cars. She already made it through the first chart. She had to go 5 time and then she got Lightening McQueen. On this chart I increased it to 6 times and then she will get 'Green Ramone.' Every day. several times a day, Avery looks at the boxes and sees how many boxes have been covered up with a sticker. She understands that when all of the boxes have a sticker on them, she gets the car.

Well last night I could hear Al chuckling and talking to Avery in the hallway. It turns out that she came across some stickers and was standing in front of her potty chart, trying to cover up the boxes with the stickers she found! She is so sneaky!! I don't know where she got that from! And I find it oh so amusing that she thought that we wouldn't notice...ha ha ha!

2 comments:

Clark Family said...

sounds like the potty training is going well. Isn't cute how they try so hard to get what they want :)

nyn said...

LOL!!! They are even smarter than we give them credit for.