Saturday, September 19, 2009

Look At What Else James is Doing...


As cute as this is to watch, and it is, I am kind of scared about it. I think I could be in trouble! At least when you let your babies get attached to the paci you can easily take it away. I'm not quite sure how to get a 4 month old to stop sucking on his thumb. He prefers it to the paci. Luckily he only does it in his sleep...for now. Sometimes when he is asleep I try to take his thumb out and replace it with the paci, but that doesn't last for very long.

Has anybody else had a thumb-sucker? Any advice?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw! It's so cute, Jen, you don't want to make him quit it just yet, do you!? Besides, I hear it's good when they find their own ways to self-soothe.

Clark Family said...

look at those big old cheeks he is so cute!!!

Natalie said...

I was a thumb sucker until I was like 8! Then mom said it's either your blanket or your thumb...I guess I chose blanket! I say it's cute for now, don't worry about it until he's atleast one (and if he gets to be 8, you're in trouble!)

John and Lara said...

don't worry. I sucked my thumb hard core until I was in 3rd grade and then was a closet thumb sucker until like 5th grade. After third grade i would just do it in the night after I'd fall alseep. I couldn't control it. My mom would put socks on my hands before bed and even spray my hands with perfume. Alas it didn't help. Finally after 5th grade it just stopped in the night all on its own. I think i turned out normal and my teeth are perfectly straight and I never had braces so it could be worse?