Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Galveston








Al had the whole day off Saturday and so we decided to give Galveston another try. I packed a picnic and then we headed out. Last time we went we drove through 'downtown' and to the east beach. Admittedly, that part of Galveston is pretty ghetto. It is very old, and I think even before the hurricane it probably looked really run-down. You can see tons of hurricane damage--lots of boarded up buildings, abandoned buildings, etc. I also thought it was kind of weird that there was no where to eat, no gas stations, nothing.

But this time we went to the west beach, which was way different. There are some very nice hotels just off of the beach, some restaurants, grocery stores, sno-cone shacks, a lifeguard on duty, and so on. Driving in on the west side are some fairly large, new vacation homes.

We found some much larger ones, various colors and shapes. We also saw a hermit crab scurrying across the sand, just under the water. We splashed around a lot and got a little bit sunburned, but had a lot of fun.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I watch a little too much of reality TV because whenever Allison has her Sunglasses on, she comments on how she has her "fashion look on"! Seeing Avery sporting her "fashion Look" is just as adorable! I really wish my kids would wear those things, how did you manage to get Avery to wear hers?