Thursday, September 10, 2009

Big Boy





A couple of weeks ago we decided to start James on vegetables and fruits, hoping it would help him sleep better at night. He has tried quite a variety now. I haven't given him beans or peas yet...I'm not sure I'm going too. Avery hated them in baby food form so I never bought them, but she has loved frozen/fresh beans and peas ever since she was able to eat solid food. I just don't know if I can subject James to the purees ;)

Anyway, he has eaten everything that I've given him fairly well, except applesauce. He didn't care for that very much. Squash is far and away his favorite, or so I thought. He wolfs down squash as fast as I can put it in his mouth. But yesterday I had him try a banana/peach/granola combo that is newer on the market. I was expecting it to take a few bites for him to decide if he liked it or not, which is usually how it is. Well, it only took one bite for him to decide that he LOVED that combo. He could not eat it fast enough, and when he decided that I wasn't spooning it in at the rate he wanted he started sucking it off of his fingers. When the finger supply was gone he went for his bib, stuck the bib in his mouth and started sucking the food off of the bib.

It was a 2nd level baby food, meaning it is a little bit thicker and comes in a bigger container, but James ate the whole thing. And he slept from 8pm until 3:30am!! So I'm hoping that this heavier food will continue to make a difference, 'cause I am exhausted!

These pictures are of James the first time he had squash, and the last picture is of him cleaned up afterwards. As you can see he's getting quite a girth :) Tomorrow is his 4 month check-up and I'm wondering how much he weighs...

2 comments:

Jeff and Brittney said...

James is the cutest! Look at him get so big! I loved the visual of how he devoured the banana combo...I'm laughing! What a great story! I miss you and your family, hope all is well.

Britt

Unknown said...

Impressive food-eating skills! Can't wait to hear how much he's grown...that's alwasy so much fun, minus the shots!