Monday, July 14, 2008

More About the Cake




I don't think it really shows up in these pictures, but I love how Jen put little green lights on the cake. I was amazed when we came back after getting ready and saw what Jen had added to the cake. It looked fabulous! The colors were so bright and pretty.

Thanks to Becky and Sarah for helping keep me company and lending moral support on the cake. Poor Sarah got stuck with the bad jobs of cutting the dowels and grating the chocolate :) But she did a great job!

I think my favorite part was transporting the cake from Jen's apartment to the golf club. I was super nervous about it, but it turned out to be not a big deal, and kind of fun. It was like a relay. Brian would stand outside the van. We would pass our layer to him to hold while we got in the car, then he would pass it back to us to hold while he drove us there. Allen had the big layer on the platter. And he kept cracking jokes about how Sarah was ruining her layer by sticking her fingers in the sides, etc. Becky too. So funny! Then when we got there the relay started again and Brian went and stood by the door to do the cake hand-off.

1 comments:

John and Lara said...

Good Job!!!! The cake is so pretty. I sure loved the test cake we ate and ate and ate. You are so talented!