Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Think It's Genetic...


In the last couple of weeks Avery has become obsessed with Christmas. I think it's genetic...because all of you know how I am a little crazy about the Christmas season. And I'm not even sure how she got on this kick, in the middle of July, when it's over 100 degrees outside.

It is normal for us now to watch Frosty the Snowman 2-3 times a day (it's only 20 minutes long). And it is normal for Avery to go outside to our garage, get the tree stand out, and parade around it in a circle singing, "Frosty the Snowman" with gusto. The other day she wanted to put on her coat from last year. And then she was fairly insistent that she wear it outside, but I put my foot down on that one. I don't want her to get heatstroke. And then while we've been busy packing boxes Avery came across her princess snow boots. I was in the loft packing some things and Avery came out of her room, in the boots, and declared, "I'm Santa!!" Every time we drive around town in White Rocket Avery will point out the 'Christmas Trees' that she sees in peoples yards. Another favorite past-time is to gallop around the living room and belt out, "Jingle Bells."

And, just because I knew she would absolutely love it, I took her to the Hallmark store because they already have their Christmas ornaments on display. We spent over a half an hour checking them all out. They even had a Frosty the Snowman ornament that played the Frosty song. I'm pretty sure that Avery thought that was about the best thing ever. Luckily she's not to an age yet where she asks when Christmas is, how many more days, etc. Because it would be one really long countdown for her.

This has nothing to do with everything I wrote above, but today I made Avery a cheese sandwich for lunch. She promptly took the cheese out of the sandwich, took a couple of bites, and then held the remaining cheese up to her mouth and said, "I'm Donald Duck." Then she quacked a few times. It was hilarious! And maybe the funniest part was that she got such a big kick out of it herself. I hope she does it again so I can get a movie or picture of her with her self-created cheese duckbill.

1 comments:

Bex said...

Sometimes I pray that I will be able to have a daughter (soon-ish, it is a prayer afterall) and I hope that she will be just like Avery. I LOVE reading your stories. She is just perfectly adorable with a big personality, clever mind and her mom's good looks!!

You are SO lucky!!