Monday, May 12, 2008

My GREAT Mother's Day!



I had an unexpectedly great Mother's Day this year! I was a little worried when Al told me last week that he KNEW that Mother's Day was on the 19th. Umm...I just kinda let it go.

And then Al worked on Sunday, so I really wasn't expecting anything at all. But Al had a few tricks up his sleeve! He started by giving me my presents from Avery on Saturday. I think he was too excited to wait, but he said it was because he was working on Sunday and wouldn't be home to give them to me. Avery gave me the movie Juno (which Al and I LOVE) and a CD.

Sunday morning came and Avery and I were on our own. We went to church and I was planning on an uneventful day. But when we got home from church Al was already home from work! He had gotten home about an hour before church ended. While we were at church Al hurried and cleaned the house. Then he made dinner! I had to take a picture of it. It was really yummy. I think it was called Chicken Rellanos. Al just picked it out of a cookbook. We didn't have all of the ingredients and so he improvised. He was very proud to tell me that he had even pounded the chicken :) Funny Al.

Then today the doorbell rang and the FedEx guy handed me a box. I opened it up and found these beautiful pearl earrings! They match perfectly with the necklace and bracelet set Al got me for Christmas.

I was definitely spoiled this year by my adorable daughter and cute husband!

2 comments:

nyn said...

Way to go AL!!! You deserved to have a great Mother's Day. I am glad it turned out so nice for you.

Sarah said...

Did you change the color on the pyzam link or is that how they come now? I seriously can't believe that al cooked dinner. I can't even imagine Jake doing that.