Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Conversation With Avery

Avery woke up this morning and was quite talkative. She could hear the yard crew cutting the grass outside and commented on it. Then she said she slept good. And when she was looking out the window she said, "Uh-oh, don't break the blinds."

Then I was changing her diaper and we had a real conversation. It went like this:

Avery: Where's Daddy?

Me: He's at work. He's at the hospital.

Avery: Avery go to the hospital!

Me: You want to go to the hospital to see Daddy?

Avery: Okay!

Me: Well, maybe we'll wait and see Daddy when he gets home...(I'm thinking I really don't want to visit the psych ward)

Avery: Go to hospital, check Avery's ears!

Me: (Now I'm chuckling) Daddy can check your ears when he gets home, okay?

Avery: Okay!

After that we went downstairs and I got Avery her breakfast. She usually watches cartoons while she eats breakfast. So I asked her what she wanted to watch today and Avery said, "Watch cut the grass!" And she took her bowl over to the little windows by our front door and sat and watched the yard crew cut the grass. About two minutes after that she stood up and came to me and said, "Watch a little bit of Dora." That's what I thought :)

1 comments:

nyn said...

LOL!! talking to toddlers is so adorable:)