Friday, May 2, 2008

Bed-time Battles


Bed time has become the biggest struggle at our house. Avery just doesn't want to miss out on anything! Al and I have tried so many different things: nightlight, no nightlight, bedtime snack, acting like we don't care, acting like we're really irritated, leaving the door open, closing the door, etc.

I read a lot about it and know that it is typical for toddlers. The books said to let Avery be more in control of the routine and that it would help. So we let Avery pick out her jammies, the story, etc. It didn't help. We've always had a routine for bedtime, which they recommend, and haven't strayed from it. But that doesn't seem to matter. She always has her favorite duckie and her 'special blankie' but that doesn't matter either.

I guess we're hoping that it will just eventually resolve. The other night Al and I were surprised because Avery only came out of her room 2 or 3 times to be tucked back in. And then it was quiet...that was so much better than it has been! But when Al and I went upstairs to go to bed we found Avery sprawled out on the floor, just outside her bedroom. I guess she got too tired to make it all the way downstairs.

1 comments:

nyn said...

Oh, bed time battles. We still have those here somedays. I am sorry that I have no good advice, just hang in there. Eventually they realize that sleep is great, like when they are ten. *Sorry* :)