Thursday, February 7, 2008

Two Year Check-up


Yesterday Avery had her two year check-up. Avery remembered what a doctor's office was, so she was none to thrilled when we headed back to the exam room. I felt a little badly for her because it was pretty cold yesterday and we had to strip her down to her diaper and parade her around the office so she could get weighed and measured.

Avery weighed in at 27 lbs. even, which puts her in the 55%. Then they measured her height. For some reason Avery really freaked out at this, but she finally settled down enough to get the measurement in--34 1/4 inches--60%. Then the head measuring, which came in at 47.6 cm., or the 55%. So Avery is growing very evenly.

The doctor said Avery was growing perfectly and doing great! She asked if I had any concerns and I told her that we were planning on taking the paci away that day. She wished me luck and gave me a few pointers. She did an autism screening on Avery, which consisted of me answering a lot of questions about Avery's behavior and abilities. Avery passed it with flying colors.
We had already had a rough morning (Avery coughed and threw up all over our bed, I accidentally stepped on her hand while I was carrying a load of laundry and Avery was quietly playing on the stairs) so I warned Doctor Shiue that the rest of the check-up might not go smoothly. It didn't. Avery cried the whole time. At least it wasnt loud, just quietly crying to herself. After Dr. Shiue checked all she needed to she proudly said she didn't need to see Avery until she turned 3...yeah!! Avery only had to have one shot and she handled it like a trooper.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

What a cute background!! Its so festive! I think this is Hannah's favorite website. She LOVES pictures of Avery.