Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of Pre-K



Here are a couple of pictures of Avery on the first day of pre-K. She was so excited to get inside Ms. Annie's house that she didn't give me much of an opportunity to take pictures, but these couple turned out cute. I also had James screaming in the car so I didn't get to focus on Avery as much as I wanted to :(

The day before school started we went to Target and picked out a new nail polish color, kind of our tradition. Avery picked out this goldish/bronze color. It is kind of a fun color. So I painted my toenails and Avery's and toe and fingernails.

We missed the pre-K open house this year because we were in Minnesota so Avery and Ms. Annie worked on Avery's preschool bag the first week of school. It is very random and I'll have to take a picture of it. Some of the painting was done by Ms. Annie and some by Avery. Ms. Annie said she did it exactly to Avery's specifications :) There is a spider...?! And the letter 'c' because it is her favorite...?! And a shooting star, the Earth, and I can't remember what else.

Ms. Annie is doing two different preschool classes this year- a 3 yr. old class and a 4 yr. old class. I think it will be nice to have the ages split up. Avery is already really excited about what she learned the first week.

Also, on the second day of school, Avery and her friend Anna jumped in the van. After I buckled them in and put the van into drive they said rather coyly, "We have boyfriends!" Boyfriends?! I didn't even know that Avery knew that word! So of course I had to inquire as to who they were. Avery's supposed boyfriend is the older brother of Anna, the family I babysat for 10 days. At first I was kind of alarmed about them stating such a thing. But then I remembered that I had my first "boyfriend" in Kindergarten. So I guess we both started early ;)

I am really behind on my blogging. I will have to post about our Minnesota trip and the babysitting job soon.

3 comments:

Leslee said...

How cute, I bet she is loving preschool! That is pretty funny about the boyfriends too!

Kim said...

New color of nail polish?? That is the cutest little tradition ever! Man, I need a girl so bad so I can do things like that. Avery looks so cute in those pictures.

Jessie said...

Love the new outfit and first day of school photo. Those are the best!