Sunday, August 8, 2010

Child Labor




I was cleaning all of the glass surfaces in the family room and Avery and James descended on me. They thought it looked to be about the funnest thing ever. I let James give it a try with the paper towel, after I had sprayed windex, and he did surprisingly well. I mean, he's only 1! Avery wanted to be the permanent sprayer.

And on another day I was dusting the family room and the kiddies were practically fighting over who got to use the feather duster next. I'm thinking of investing in a second one just to get the jobs done quicker.

It made me remember when I was little I used to beg my mom to let me iron my dolls' clothes and hair ribbons. A little OCD I guess. She used to lower the ironing board to my height and I would go to town. I wonder when ironing stopped being fun...?

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Good for you! It sounds like those kids need some weekly chores! Get them to love it now, because they'll hate it later! I'm so excited to see you next week!

Natalie said...

My kids love mopping the floor (and I love that they like it too!). Invest in a swiffer, the handle comes apart so you can lower it to their size...it's wonderful!