Thursday, September 30, 2010

Crafts




The kids and I just got back from 5 days in San Antonio visiting Becky and her family. It was a blast. Becky spoiled me as usual and had her husband babysit the kids the first night we were there. Then she treated us to pedicures, shopping at La Cantera, and dinner at a great little Mexican chain they have there.

The next day we braved Costco on a Saturday and Jon babysat again so that Becky and I could go to dinner and more shopping. I was super happy to find a $7 shirt the first night, but didn't luck out much on Saturday night. It was still just so much fun to be out with Becky though. We've been best friends since 6th grade and it is always like old times when we are together. Lots of laughing and lots of talking :) But seriously, how much of a champ is Jon for watching the kids 2 nights in a row?! The trade-off was that he got to golf all day on Saturday before our night out...I still think we got the better end of the deal though.

Most of our time was spent hanging out at Becky's house, which is always fun. The kids play so well together and Becky goes to town on her crafts and lets me assist when I can. It always makes me desperately want a sewing machine and money to buy fabric or whatever. But Becky is always super generous and provides all of the materials and talent. We spent a couple of afternoons/nights working on these shirts for the girls. I think they turned out so cute. Becky made all of the coordinating hair bows too. Today Avery wore the Halloween shirt and bow and looked so festive. Becky also made these cute snack bags for the kids. They are lined on the inside with a washable fabric and are more durable and easier for James to use than a plastic baggy.

We did exercise a couple of days while we were there. We worked out at the gym one day and went on a really long walk another day. Becky lives in the "Hill Country" of San Antonio. It is so much different than Houston...lots of hills, lots of trees...I'm not sure the exercising made up for the mass quantity of double-stuff Halloween oreos that were consumed though...

3 comments:

Leslee said...

Those shirts and bows are so cute! It sounds like you had a great time!

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE those shirts and bows! I MUST know how to do that, too! Though, I'd probably never get around to it...if only I was so talented.

Jessie said...

Sounds like you had a blast! I'm glad that you were able to go and visit. The shirts you made are adorable!