Tuesday, June 16, 2009

You Gotta Love Texas...



My mom and I took the kids to a local restaurant here that is just down the street from our neightborhood called Jake's Grill. The food was great (think huge Texas burgers, fries, etc.) but the decor was even better. We had to take a couple of pictures to commemerate it.

As you can see my mom is standing in front of a giant Texas made out of old license plates. The table was painted like the Texas flag and the chairs were just fantastic.

Texans really love Texas. I've never lived in a state before that takes so much pride in their statehood. The Texas flag flies everywhere. I went to the Hobby Lobby with my mom the other day and she bought a deck of cards for her friend that had the state of Texas on it with the words "God's Country" written underneath it. We just laughed and laughed at that. Then I found a bumper sticker that said, "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as quick as I could." That made me chuckle too. I was totally going to buy it for Al's car.

Southern hospitality is alive and well here in the lonestar state. People here are super friendly-- lots of waving, opening doors, calling you mam or little lady, etc. and customer service is great.

0 comments: