Friday, June 19, 2009

Family Room and Kitchen






There is still a lot of work to be done, but there has been some requests for house pictures. So as you view these, bare in mind that there are still some changes/additions that need to be made. The walls are still a little bare too :)

The one picture is of our family room, looking down from above. Then there is a little study/dining area off to the side of that. The kitchen sink/bar looks out to the family room. These pics don't show the kitchen very well, but focus on the kitchen table and chairs. My mom and I painted these while she was here. It is a very old set and the finish was coming off, so we decided to give it a little update. They look MUCH better. Off of the kitchen is the laundry room and a 1/2 bath. I am planning on painting the kitchen and laundry room kind of a golden color...I think it will look really good. I found some fabric I love to eventually make a new table runner and am slowly working on replacing the light fixtures, as funds allow. Yes, that lovely gold chandelier type deal in the study is coming down! And then I'm planning on getting some bar stools for the bar, a plant for on top of the TV cabinet...and the list goes on and on :)

It's starting to feel more like home as we hang more things on the wall and get everything in its place. It is a cute house with a lot of character and I am excited to paint and add some more personal touches.

Pictures of other rooms to come soon.

1 comments:

Heather said...

I love the house!!! It is so cute! I know what you mean about making changes as funds allow. We have already probably put $1,000 into our house, but there is still plenty to do. I have a couple of light fixtures that I need to trade out, too. And my walls still feel pretty bare. And my wood floors need to be refinished. And our yard is a jungle and could use some flowers. And the basement family room needs a door. And the list goes on...

Your kitchen table and chairs look SO CUTE!! I can't believe you and your mom already got them done. You are really ambitious!