Friday, December 7, 2007

Sugar Cookies



Last night we made sugar cookies. I baked the cookies while Avery was napping and then waited until the evening, when Al got home, to frost and sprinkle them.
Avery was super excited about the sprinkles. She grabbed the bottles and shook them pretty vigorously, trying to produce some sprinkles, but I hadn't removed the caps yet. After I frosted the first cookie I put it on Avery's plate and handed her a bottle of open sprinkles. Boy did she go to town!! That cookie was pretty much covered. I moved the cookie to the wax paper to make room for the next cookie. I turned back to Avery and she was emptying a bottle of sprinkles onto the plate!
I quickly grabbed the bottle and put them out of her reach. Avery then began to eat the sprinkles on the plate. That is pretty much how the rest of the evening went for her. She was perfectly content to just eat the sprinkles while Al and I did the rest of the cookies.

0 comments: