Monday, April 25, 2011

Dyeing Eggs





On Saturday night the kids and I dyed Easter eggs. The kids loved it. James loved watching the little color tablets sizzle in the vinegar. As I would drop one into each glass James would ooh and ahh. It was pretty cute. The dyes didn't work that great, but maybe that's what I get for buying the kit at the dollar store. I ended up adding some drops of food coloring to the ones that I could to help make the colors brighter. Avery was really good at dyeing her eggs and James just loved taking an egg and dropping it in each color. He would just stick his hand in the glass, swish the egg around, then pick up the egg and move it to the next color. I love how his one hand from the wrist down became a nice purplish/grey color. Needless to say, we went straight from the kitchen to upstairs to take a bath.

0 comments: