Thursday, March 24, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Festivites








We had a fun St. Patrick's Day this year. I don't usually do much for the holiday, but thought it might be fun to start a few traditions. A week or so before the 17th I made these rainbow cupcakes for Avery's preschool class. Avery of course was thrilled with the green sprinkles on top and I wanted to add a gold foiled chocolate coin on top but couldn't find any. Anyway, Avery loved the cupcakes and I heard they were a hit with her class, so they might have to become a yearly thing for us.

The day of St. Patrick's I subbed in the morning for Avery's preschool class. It felt like a definite blast from my past and was a lot of fun. Then we headed over to a nearby park for a great party. My good friend, Kim, put together a St. Patrick's day potluck with the rules being whatever you took had to be green or authentic Irish food. We took a pineapple pudding cake that was dyed green and some Irish soda bread. The picnic tables were a sea of green- green veggie trays, green fruit salads, green pasta salads, guacamole, leafy green salads, candies, cupcakes, etc. It was pretty spectacular to see all of that green food! After the picnic the kids had a pinata, which of course was a big hit. It was a lot of fun and Avery loved celebrating her favorite color. Next year I am going to try to do something festive for dinner too!

2 comments:

Leslee said...

Your cupcakes are so cool looking!

Kim said...

That party was a lot of fun! Why didn't you post about the fight you got in with a complete stranger?? Haha just kidding. I second Leslee, I'm way impressed with your cupcakes. They look so yummy!