Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sandbox





My dad built Avery a sandbox for her birthday. I feel badly because the week before my parents got here the weather was in the 60's, and this week it is in the 70's. But the week they were here the highs were in the 20's and 30's. My dad has had the sandbox planned for a while, and since there wasn't anything he could do about the weather, he was out there in the freezing temperatures putting together the sandbox.

Avery spent a lot of time out there with him, 'helping' him build the sandbox. The helping I observed mainly consisted of cheerleading...but I don't think he minded the company out there :) The kids have played in the sandbox several times already. Yesterday they went out there for an hour or more while I stayed inside folding laundry. They were having a blast and I was enjoying a little quiet time while I caught up on my shows and did housework. I have noticed that bath time has become a lot more frequent since the addition of the sandbox. Oh well- a small price to pay for hours of entertainment.

While my dad was building the sandbox my mom and I painted the master bedroom and bathroom. It looks so good! I love the color I picked out. I'm not quite ready to post pictures, but soon.

3 comments:

Andrea Steffensen said...

I'm jealous!! I wish it was warm enough for the kids to play outside! I think you need a nice patio chair and a diet coke!

Kim said...

Wow, that sandbox looks awesome! I'm booking your dad next time he comes. p.s. those pix of James in the post before this are AWESOME!!

Team Jensen said...

What a fun sandbox. We have one under our deck that will be boarded up come good weather. I've been watching what the neighbor cats and dogs have been doing in it all winter....GAG! Remember to cover it!!!! That's my suggestion!