Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New and Improved...




For part of our birthdays and Christmas my parents gave us a new fan and light fixture for the family room. They look so good! We had them installed a couple of weeks ago and I'm sad to say that we've already been able to use the fan. The old fan barely worked, had 4 smaller blades, and was very unstable. It always shook back and forth when you turned it on. This new fan is much more powerful, which is exactly what we need for the summers here. We had the handy man set it on the highest setting and it feels wonderful and doesn't shake at all! It doesn't provide quite as much light as the last one (which Al is happy about) but I am okay with that.

And the light fixture in the hallway looks so much better. The fan and light fixture both helped update the room so much.

2 comments:

Team Jensen said...

That fan looks almost identical to the one I have ready and waiting for Steven to install for us...the scardey cat! I keep threatening to hire someone to do it for me. Maybe I'll have to actually follow thru w/ that threat before summer. Your fan looks beautiful! I'm jealous about your entry light too. Something we need to do as well. It's amazing how well changing the light fixtures updates a room.

Have a Happy New year!

KevandChels said...

that's so funny, because we just replaced ours with those exact same ones, both of them!