Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Let it Snow!!







It snowed on Friday! I guess it was in the news and everything. It only snows here about once every seven years or so. My visiting teacher said that when they were kids it snowed one day and they let everybody out of school so that they could see it. Most of the kids had never even seen snow before!

As you can see in the pictures Avery was absolutely elated. She said, "Mom, it's winter now!!" And then she belted out Frosty the Snowman. Avery has said a lot in the past, and then reminded me at that time, "Mom, you know I like the cold weather." I do too :)

It snowed almost all day on Friday, but was mostly gone by that night. It really is crazy, but the whole city seemed to almost shut down. We were downtown visiting Jon and Jessie and were headed back to our house during the rush hour window. I said that I was worried about the traffic and how the kids would handle it. Jon said, "I don't think there is going to be any traffic today." Sure enough it was like a ghost town. There were a few cars out on the highway, but that was it. The snow hadn't even stuck to the ground downtown! And the valet at the hotel I picked Jessie up at warned her that she probably didn't want to go outside because there was a 'blizzard' going on. Jessie said that she would probably be able to manage it. If they only knew...

Avery was so sad for the snow to melt. She was really concerned that we wouldn't have Christmas because there is no snow now. I told her that it didn't matter and I think she is okay now. Poor little thing.

We had a blast with Jon and Jessie this weekend. Lots of hanging out at the house, showing them around Pearland, eating, shopping, etc. Jon is here for another week, but Jessie flew home yesterday. We always love having company :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting! When we lived in Seattle, WA, the same thing would happen...BUT the traffic would triple in time getting anywhere. Insane! Today, we got 6 inches at our house...6inches! That's the most we've had all at once in our new place...how crazy!

julie said...

I'm glad it snowed for Avery! Your kids are just too adorable!

Becky said...

your family is sure cute! I need to get your address, could you email it to me becky.alder@academy.cc

thanks, Becky

janet said...

great family photo! kids are growing so fast! and i love your tree! isn't it funny how the city completely shuts down when there's anything other than rain hitting the streets? hail is no joke though..