Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Day








I am kind of mad at myself that I didn't document the morning better. I took just a few pictures of the kids in their excitement and then I think I got caught up in it all and forgot about the camera.

I took a few pictures the night before of everything set up. The one picture is a close-up of James' stocking that my mom made for him this year. I think it turned out so cute!

Avery giggled as she ran down the stairs to see what Santa had brought. She just stood and took everything in for a little while. James was pretty wide-eyed through the whole morning. He loved all of the bright paper.

Christmas was a great success!! Avery got some Littlest Pet shop things, some cars, books, puzzles, make-up, play dough toys, Hungry Hungry Hippos, and various other things. James got a big stuffed doggy, new bibs and bottles and treats, a transformer (or was that for Al...?), lots of Thomas Train pieces, books, and a little fisher price table thingy that plays songs, etc. and various other surprises. They could not have been happier. I will post pictures soon of them playing with their toys.

After the opening of the presents we had a huge Christmas breakfast and then spent the rest of the day in our pajamas watching movies, dozing off on the couch, playing with the new toys, and eating.

4 comments:

Heather said...

That sounds like a fantastic day! How fun! Pete was on call the day after Christmas, which was hard because that day is kind of a let down anyway. And it was my dad's birthday. :/ So I think I would have preferred your arrangement. :) We miss you guys. So much.

The kids are so cute! James looks like you in those pictures. It is good to see your mom again and your dad for the first time. Looks like a wonderful Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

This blog is great! Thanks for your hard work on it.

Gourmified said...

Um, I'm sure you already know, Jen, but I was told by my pediatrician that children can only be front facing when they're BOTH 20 lbs AND 1 year old. It has something to do with their neck muscles not being developed enough. If you haven't already, double-check with your pediatrician, since every Dr. and child are different!

BTW, your christmas looked beautiful! You have the cutest most smily-faced glowing kids! How fun!

Happy New Year!
Lisa

tracyp said...

I looks like ya'll had a very merry Christmas! Your hair has gotten so long I love it! You look fantastic and so does youre cute family!