Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sewing Projects






Okay, I think I am all caught up on my blogging now...

Over Christmas break I worked on these two blankets with my mom and my grandma Louise. These are the fabrics that I bought the day after Thanksgiving. I am really happy about the way the blankets turned out. I finished the boy one first because I just had a feeling...I just love the teddy bear and puppy fabric on James' blanket. Then I finished the watermelon and cherry one and gave it to Avery. She was pretty excited. She calls it her 'special' blanket. She calls the one we made for her last year her 'special' blanket too, so now she says she has two of them. She has been sleeping with both of them on her at night. I think it must be pretty cozy under there.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm sad we didn't get to see you when you were here. Looks like you had fun. Your blankets are so cute! I used to be crafty...the good ole days!

nyn said...

I loved catching up on your trip. All the pictures are so sweet and it looks like you had a wonderful time. I am super impressed with your mad quilting skills. The blankets are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

wow these look great! i wish i had more patience for sewing. great find on the fabric too. i read your black friday story at joann's...that lady was so great to let you cut from all those bolts. you should send her these photos!

NatalieW said...

Hi Jen! You can find the "Too Much Chocolate Cake" recipe on Allrecipes.com. It was really easy and so yummy! (especially with the Chocolate Fudge Buttercream Frosting ...) How are you feeling these days?