Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween in STL





Avery had a great Halloween. She's been asking for the last couple of weeks if she could go trick or treating. Anytime we would see some Halloween decorations on somebody's porch Avery would say, "Mom, can we go trick or treating?" I think it was a long wait for her :)

She absolutely loved her costume. I think she would wear it every day if I let her. And she loved getting to wear a little bit of make-up on her face. We had a ward trunk-or-treat on Thursday night. There weren't too many cars there, but Avery still had a great time. The ward had a table set up with hot chocolate, cider, and donuts. Al and I took Avery around to the cars and then she spent the rest of the night either chasing or being chased by Spiderman. Spiderman is her friend Kaysen.

Al took the day off from work on Friday (ha ha ha) and so we got to spend the whole day together. We ran some errands and just enjoyed being together. That night we had Melissia, Finn, and Mike (Melissia's dad. He's in our ward and Diana was out of town)over for dinner and then we all set out to go get some candy.

The kids loved trick or treating. Avery had a blast. She got so much candy I don't know what we are going to do with it. Not to mention that we bought too much for the trick-or-treaters and still had two unopened bags of candy when the night was over. Avery's little pumpkin full of candy got so heavy, but she was determined to carry it on her own until the very end. Then I finally convinced her to let me hold it.

2 comments:

nyn said...

OH SO CUTE!! I am glad she had so much fun.

John and Lara said...

They were so cute together. I made that baked sandwich you made for my family who was in town this weekend. They were so impressed. They kept saying it was restraunt quality. I did give you the credit though. So thank you again for the recepie. It made me look like I can cook.