Thursday, October 25, 2007

Little Songbird


In the past week or so Avery has started to sing songs. It is really cute. At first it took me a while to catch on because most of the words aren't that clear, but when I figured out what she was doing I made her repeat it over and over again.
Avery sings, "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," "Row Row Row Your Boat," and the "Clean Up" song from nursery. She doesn't sing "Yankee Doodle" yet, but makes requests for it by exclaiming, "Doodle!!"
Some other fun things Avery has learned:

She knows her letter "A" and likes to point it out on things.

She knows the colors pink and yellow.

Avery likes to chew gum. She found some in the car the other day and helped herself to it. She will chew it for a very long time and doesn't swallow it. I'm not sure where she learned this from.

Al has been working the nights and sleeps during the day. The first day Al came home and was sleeping I had to sneak into the bedroom to get dressed. I thought that Avery would stay in the other room playing, but she barged in a few seconds later. I whispered, "Daddy is night-night. He's sleeping." Avery looked at me with serious eyes and put her finger to her lips and said, "Shhh!" It was hard not to laugh.

We have a pop-up Halloween book that I was given several years ago. It is aimed at older kids and is a little on the spooky side. Avery loves to get this book out and have you move all of the things that move or pop out. She gets really excited and giggles or puts her hands on her cheeks and makes a big "O" with her mouth. But there is this one part that absolutely terrifies her and she will burst into tears and run away. I told her that we had to put the book away because it was too scary. A few minutes later she brought me the book again and was begging to read it. I gave in. Once again she loved it until we got to that one part. She ran off crying again. The funny thing is that she keeps bringing me the book, several times a day, even though it creeps her out.

0 comments: