Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Halloween barette and shirt




I bought Avery this Halloween shirt and barette quite a while ago. Avery likes the pumpkin on the shirt, but really gets excited about the bat barette. Every day since I've bought it Avery has brought it to me at least once a day asking to have it put in her hair. I have even caught her on several occasions trying to put the bat barette in her hair herself. I've explained that we can't wear it until it cools off outside.

Today it was finally cool enough to wear long sleeves. I told Avery that she would get to wear her pumpkin shirt and wear the bat barette and boy was she excited. She was practically bouncing off the bed while I was trying to put the barette in. When I was finished I told her that she had the bat in her hair. At first she looked really pleased. Then she looked puzzled and reached up to touch the barette. I watched as she tried to pull it out of her hair. I think she had decided that it was more fun to play with the bat barette than to wear it. I explained to her that she would have to keep it in her hair. She thought about this for a second and then her bottom lip stuck out about as far as I've seen it go. I wondered how long the bat barette would last.

Avery actually left it in the whole day. Every once in a while she would reach up and touch it, I guess to make sure it was still there.

0 comments: