Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Into Make-up




Avery usually hangs out with me in the bathroom every morning while I get ready and put on my make-up. She is fascinated by the different shaped containers and bottles and likes to line them up along the vanity or on top of the toilet tank. Today started off as usual. She came in and climbed up on the toilet (this is where she sits) and then she carefully stood up to gain access to the make-up. Normally I would agree that this doesn't sound like that safe of a situation, but I keep a very close eye on her.

Anyway, I was in the middle of brushing my teeth and putting my contacts in when Avery reached for my moisturizer. She didn't set it on the vanity like she usually does. Instead she pretended to put some in her hand and rub it on her face. I stopped what I was doing and watched in amazement. She followed with the foundation, like I always do, and pretended to rub that on. She went through my entire routine, except for the eye-liner. It was crazy how accurrate she got the whole thing! I mean when she reached for the blush she only pretended to apply it to her cheekbones! I'm not even kidding. One thing that made me laugh is that she pretended to put the eyeshadow and mascara below her eyes, not on the eyelids and lashes.
After her facial was complete (he he he) she proceeded to go through my hair products and apply them to her hair. Avery is just too funny! She is definitely a girly girl.
Other cute Avery things:

Today Avery gave her baby doll eskimo kisses. This is something that Al and I do with her. It was the cutest thing ever!

Today we went to the post office. They had decorations up for Halloween, one of which was a ghost figurine. I pointed it out to Avery, much to her delight, and she started squealing and had a huge grin on her face. She was doing knee bends and started saying, "boo...booo...boooo!" The post office worker was getting a big kick out of it. I wish I would have had my camera with me.

One of Avery's new favorite games is to have me or Al draw pictures on her magna-doodle and then she gets to guess what the picture is. She will bring us the magna-doodle, set it in front of us and say draw. It is pretty fun and she is really good at it!

Avery will take out Al's deoderant, while I'm getting ready, state, "dada's." and then put it away.


0 comments: