Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The More The Merrier :)




Yeah! A baby is on the way!

I've had two ultrasounds already and will have my 3rd appointment on Wednesday and everything looks great! This ultrasound picture was actually taken a few weeks ago. I love how you can already see the head and arms and legs :)

I am due February 11th...February is a big month for us I guess since Al and Avery already have birthdays in February! Which puts me at just over 13 weeks right now. But the baby will be born at least 1 week before that, and up to 3 to 4 weeks before the 11th if I get sick again. So probably anywhere between the middle of January to the beginning of February.

I will start shots at 16 weeks, once a week, up until I deliver. My OB is setting up a home nursing service that will come to the house to do the shots. I am sure it is something Al can do, but I need to find out more specifics, like if it has to be on the exact same day every time, etc. Al will start to be gone a lot more in the next several months and so maybe it won't work out to have him just do it.

I think I have already felt the baby move :) But I don't know if that's possible at 13 weeks or less...but I swear I have at night when I rest on the couch. Hopefully I'm not just crazy...

I have felt pretty good, very tired, and more sick with this one than the others.

We have told Avery already. She wants to name the baby Amy Avery T. She will not even try to think of a boy's name. She is certain she is getting a sister. When James saw the ultrasound picture the first thing he said was "Baby!" I know he doesn't have a clue about what is going on, but I was shocked he could decipher the ultrasound picture without any help!

My OB is also pregnant right now and will just be finishing her maternity leave right around when I will be having the baby, so we'll see how that works out. And my OB group is switching hospitals in the fall/winter. So I will be at a different hospital than what I thought. I was kind of worried about that, but Al said as long as it wasn't the county hospital I would be fine :) Besides when I was in the hospital last year we saw another resident from our ward, Al kind of knew the anesthesiologist, and he ran into some people he knew when I was in recovery. So maybe it's just as well that I'm at another hospital that's not linked with UT...

I think that's about it for now, but we'll keep you posted!

11 comments:

Leslee said...

Congratulations! Very exciting to have a new addition on the way. That will be an experience I am sure if the nurse has to come to the house for shots. Hopefully everything goes well with the Dr/Hospital in the end. Probably best to be somewhere away from Al's coworkers and stuff;)

Carrie said...

Hooray! Congratulations. More really is merrier...

Kim said...

YIPEE!!! We are so excited to meet little baby Tanner soon.

Jeff and Brittney said...

Congratulations Jenny! I'm so glad I thought to check your blog today! What great news! I hope you are feeling better soon and don't have to be sick the whole pregnancy! I am very excited for you! This baby is so lucky to have you!

Brittney

Jessie said...

Congrats to the family! We are so excited for Conner to have another little cousin!

us in a nut shell said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited to hear your news. I hope now that you are out of the first trimester you might to start to feel better. I'll hope for you anyways. Good luck. Three is such a joy!

Karen said...

Congrats! I found out at Grandma Ann's party. I'm very excited for you. I have now done 2 weeks of shots. The nurse gave the first one and jabbed me in the butt...it felt bruised for a few days. Bryce gave me the second and it was a piece of cake! I was told to take it the same day every week, but you don't have to be too specific it sounds. Your doctor may be different though!

Team Jensen said...

OH Jen & Family! I'm soooo excited for you guys! I heard about it at Gramma Ann's party, too. We were all giddy with excitement for you! So, catch me up...what are the shots for? I've had pretty miserable pregnancies, but never had to have shots.

nyn said...

CONGRATS! Three is so exciting and fun. I am really happy for you.

Samye said...

Congrats! That is so exciting that you will be adding another addition to your family too!!

Natalie said...

Congratulations! I didn't hear this news yet! Lots of babies making an entrance next year! Good luck with pregnancy this go around!