Saturday, July 16, 2011

Gardner Village and Provo





We had a couple of fun outings with Sarah and her kids. One day we went to Gardner Village with Grandma Louona. We had a fun lunch at Archibald's and then enjoyed walking outside and looking at the cute buildings. James' favorite part was watching the ducks. He kind of rebelled whenever I took him inside a shop...I think Al trained him. So I spent a lot of time walking him around outside, or Grandma Louona was nice and took him a few times so I could wander around the stores. The kids all loved picking out a little treat from the candy store. I think the adults loved it too :)

On another day Louona and Sienna drove down to Springville with us to visit Sarah while she was working on her townhouse. All of the kids, except for Eli (he was napping) went to a bounce house that is just down the street from Sarah. Hannah and Avery had an absolute blast, especially on the tallest slide. Sienna was more reserved and mostly just liked the little rides that you put quarters in. James was freaked out by the whole place. I think it's the noise, but I'm not sure. He had a terrified look on his face most of the time, even when he rode the tiny merry-go-round. It made me nervous for how he would do at Lagoon later in the trip. He did finally find some happiness at the candy machines. Ha ha ha! Typical James.

After the bounce house we hooked up with Sarah and Eli and drove to BYU campus. We were able to go to lunch at the Wilk. I thought it was so much fun being on campus. Sarah and I kept exclaiming over how young everybody looked. I wondered if I really looked that young when I started BYU. Then we figured out that it was a bunch of kids there for EFY. I think that made us feel a little less old :)

When lunch was through we headed to the bookstore. We walked around for a little bit, made our way to the candy counter...of course :) It was great being back in the bookstore. I spent so much time there when I was a student, killing time between lectures. It's a pretty great little store. After that I had to leave, so I didn't get to walk around the quad or see the other buildings. I'll have to do that next time. As we were leaving we did drive up to where Deseret Towers used to be. It is weird that it is all gone. Where S-hall used to be is just a big parking lot now. The new dorms look pretty fantastic. It was fun to see all of the new changes.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the love Al and Jenny! Glad you still think our candy is still good.