Sunday, October 11, 2009

Making Progress




Avery is still loving preschool. Last week they talked about the letter 'F' and families. On one of the days they were asked to take a family picture to class so they could tell their classmates about their family. That morning I was getting Avery ready for school and I asked her if she was excited to see everybody's family pictures. She said, "I'm excited to see Tayt's picture!" Tayt is a cute little guy in her class who is also in our ward. I said, "Oh, do you like Tayt?" And she said, "Yeah, he is a funny guy! He makes me laugh. And I make him laugh." Then I started to laugh.

Avery wrote her name all by herself. I think it is really good for a 3 year old. She wrote the letters in proportion to each other and in a straight line, and they are very legible. The other side of the paper is a practice sheet for the letter 'F', so I'm guessing she finished early and flipped it over to doodle on the back. I was pretty proud of the name when I saw it.

She knows how to spell the word 'no' and that if you switch the letter it makes 'on.' And she can sight read Grace, Tanner, Boom, Bob (from a book she likes), and James. She is learning so much. She also said to me the other day, "Mom, do you know what the number 9 is upside down?" I just went along with it and said, "No, what?" She said, "It makes a 6! Do you know what the number 6 is upside down?" I hid a smile and said, "Uh-uh, what is it?" She said, "A number 9!!"

0 comments: