Monday, October 6, 2008

New Do





When we were in Utah I bought a pack of spongy rollers because I wasn't quite sure what to do with Avery's hair for the wedding. I didn't have time to experiment before the big event and so I ended up using a curling iron.

Well, Avery has been asking for weeks to use these rollers. I kind of forget about them until she brings it up again. And so last night I got them out and I put them in Avery's hair. She was so excited to have the rollers in and kept running to look in the mirror.

Avery and I were both looking forward to seeing the results this morning. I couldn't wait to take the rollers off to see some pretty little ringlets. As soon as I started unrolling I could see that Avery's hair took very well to the rollers. I could not stop laughing at how tight the curls were. I finally got all of the rollers out and told Avery to run look in the mirror again. I watched her run off, the curls bouncing behind her. She just grinned and said, "I have curly hair Mommy! It's so curly!"

I kind of tried to comb through it a little bit, to loosen things up, but they just sprung right back to her head. We went to Target today and some lady goes, "Oh, just look at those beautiful curls!!" I had to try really hard not to start laughing again. It's not that I necessarily think it looks bad...it's just so much more curly than I expected. So next time I think I will use the much bigger rollers and see what happens.

P.S. Several hours after taking the rollers out the curls are still as springy as ever.

5 comments:

julie Schnoor said...

That is so funny! She actually looks really cute. That is the opposite of my girls. If they were rollers, the result is limp curls that last a few minutes. I'm jealous!

nyn said...

The curls are so adorable!! I love that sponge rollers do that. I will have to give Adelles hair a try :)

Clark Family said...

Those are some intense curls! Cutest little girl!

us in a nut shell said...

love it! I'll have to try that on Olivia - I highly doubt we'd get so much curl but it would be fun to see what her hair would do

Natalie said...

That takes me back! She does look cute, big hair and all!